EarthLink is a US based ISP. It runs a complaint feedback loop which allows you to receive an emailed notification when one of their subscribers reports an email send by your IP addresses as spam.
How to Apply
Here's how to apply for the EarthLink complaint feedback loop:
- Review EarthLink's Sender Best Practices document. This document lists a number of prerequisites for applying for EarthLink's feedback loop, including following the CAN-SPAM Act, and making sure that your IP addresses aren't blacklisted.
- Send an email to [email protected] with a subject of "feedback loop request" that provides the following information:
- Company name and contact information
- Contact email address
- Email address that spam complaints should be sent to
- IP addresses to register with one IP address or CIDR denoted range of IP addresses per line
- Type of business (ISP, ESP, Web Host, etc.)
Here's an example:
Company name and contact information:
123 Main Street
North Pole, AK 55555
Contact email address:
Email address that reports should be sent to:
Type of business:
As of 2015-10-18, EarthLink emails two responses:
- An automatic reply 15-20 minutes after the application is feedback loop submitted.
- An approval or decline notice about a business day after the application is submitted.